The klutz gene also runs on the Dixon side.....heaven help the children that might result from our next IVF attempt.
Bowen, Chad's brother's oldest (he's four) decided to try to fly off the armoire in his parents' room this week. The result: a trip to the ER, surgery with three pins and a take-home bottle of Tylenol with codeine. So it's bedrest for Bowen, right? At least until his "real" cast gets put on later this week. So I suggest to Auntie Meg that we take the boys to Schnepf Farms today, where Bowen got to test out the strength of said broken arm by climbing over mountainous clods of dirt in the middle of a peach and apple orchard. I'm such a good nurse aunt, I know. I forgot my camera in the car, so I missed all the other "picking" shots, but I did get a few car ones.
It turns out that you CAN still pick your nose and eat it, even with a shattered radius and ulna!
(Say hello to Tylan, who woke up *just* long enough to decide she wanted nothing to do with my photoshoot.)

My buddy Kael and his cheeeeeeese.

Our haul:
wow that's some pretty bad damage. good thing is that he's young and will get over it quickly i think.
ReplyDelete