Monday, February 11, 2013

You would not believe how many times I have retyped this. Blogger - I HATE YOU.

I am such a good mother that I dragged my feverish, overly snotty face out into the fifty degree tundra (hey, that's freezing to a native Arizonan) and watched the fruit of my loins board a thousand-pound beast and force it to jump over things.

Sidetrack here, I swear I'll be quick. The first time we rode at these new stables (instructor moved) I saw something very large stumbling around in a strange manner over behind the arena where Emma is riding in the following video. I took a closer look over that fence and had to do a double take because this is what was back there peering at me:


Hello, that is a giraffe, people. Where do you even get a giraffe, unless you are the zoo? And this isn't the zoo, just a guy with like 20 acres of land in the middle of nowhere, AZ. ??!!

Anyway, back to my sad story, I took Emma to horseback lessons even though I was dying of the plague or dysentery or something.

But so worth it! This kid is making great strides at this new place:

 
 
 
Seriously, I was FREEZING during this entire lesson. The wind was blowing and my nose was running and my eyes were streaming and by the time we got home I thought I was going to die. We needed groceries, the house was a disaster, and all I could do was lay on the couch and bemoan the fact that the US Army doesn't care in the slightest that The Wife (I capitalize that because I am very important) has a stuffy nose - her husband still has to leave for four days to play in the snow.

The next morning I knew I was in trouble. I attempted to listen to my own lungs with my neonatal stethoscope and that didn't work out so well, due to my size not being the same as a preemie's, but I swear I heard crap in there so I dragged my feverish, overly snotty face and now painful lungs to the local Urgent Care. Got diagnosed with bronchitis and a touch of pneumonia, lucky me!  Good thing I didn't exacerbate anything by, oh, I don't know, going outdoors in the freezing windy cold.

My kid had better know how much I love her.

So now I'm enjoying a bouquet of drugs - some drug I can't spell and am too lazy to look up to spell (it's basically Mucinex with codeine), Albuterol, Azithromycin, steroids and tons of ibuprofen and Nyquil. Don't ask me if I shouldn't mix those, I have no idea, and frankly, don't care. I just know that I slept through the night without waking up to hack, sneeze, wheeze, blow my nose or tripod breathe even ONCE last night because of all of that stuff. The pharmacist tried to tell me that two of those drugs weren't covered by insurance and did I still want them and I was like SHIT YES. I actually used those words. GIVE ME MY CODEINE MAN I'M NOT PLAYING AROUND.

So IVF update! Yes, even though I am dying we are still plowing ahead. Had a procedure done in which dye was shot into my uterus and then ultrasound was used to see the outline of my internal lady parts. No blockages, but I do have a large 4-5 cm cyst on my right ovary and a smallish one on the left. These have to go bye-bye before I can start injectable meds in a few weeks, but hopefully the birth control pills will take care of that. Can I just tell you how uncomfortable it makes Chad to watch the doc do a trans vaginal ultrasound on me? The first time he watched he was all WOAH, that doc's going to put that giant phallic object where in my wife? I'm enjoying his discomfort a teensy bit, because there's really nothing else enjoyable about a transvag ultrasound. After I had switched into the lovely gown for the procedure the MA asked if I wanted my husband to be there (he was still in the waiting room) I just smiled a big smile and said "oh yes, he wants to be here for this". 

Hee.

And in conclusion, here is a picture of my pretty fireplace at the new house, which we are still enjoying immensely. We are waiting for construction to start on the pool, and that had better be soon because I am getting tired of the combination of a dirt backyard, frequent rain, and dogs.







No comments:

Post a Comment