Sunday, March 17, 2013

Baker's dozen

Friday: The trigger shot


Saturday: No needles!  Yay!

Today:

Embryo retrieval this morning.

We got 13 eggs!!! 

Got me a nice Propofol/Fentanyl nap (plus Versed, since I guess I was doing another little anesthesia freakout on another very nice anesthesiologist, whoopsie) and they jammed a bunch of long needles in each ovary and hoovered out the contents of each follicle. I'm not in any pain now, just tired and crampy so I'm laying around watching horrible vampire movies on ABC Family while I sleep off my drugs. We'll find out tomorrow how many of those 13 were mature, and how many are growing. They thawed out Chad's donation this morning and informed us that they were nice and wiggly. They should have already injected one sperm into each mature egg at this point. There could be 13 Corinne/Chad hybrids growing in petri dishes right now. What a scary thought.

Still cautiously optimistic, but things are looking ok. My prolactin levels are suddenly high, so they've put me on a medication to take that down so that implantation won't be affected. Now we begin steroids and progesterone shots every morning as well. Just another drug regimen, la dee dah.

Can't wait to hear tomorrow's embryo growth report.

No comments:

Post a Comment